Jaatipatree, Jaiphal, Jatikosha, Jatipatra, Jatipatri, Jatiphal, Jatiphala, Jatiphalam, Javitri, Jayapatri, Macis, Muscade, Muscadier, MyristicaMuskatbuam, Muskatnuss, Myristicafragrans, Myristicae Aril, Myristica officinalis, Myristicae Semen, NuezMoscada y Macis, Noix de Muscade et Macis, Noix de Muscade, NuezMoscada, NuxMoschata, Ron Dau Kou.
What is nutmeg?
Nutmeg is a fruit with a single seed, comparable in size to an apricot. It is interlaced, with a softer substance-mace, another profitable flavour gathered at the same time. As the seed develops, the nutmeg kernel parts from the mace in a kind of lace pattern.
Culinary uses of thewhole nutmeg:
Whole nutmeg health benefits:
- Most common uses are in pastries, particularly pumpkin or apple pie.
- Nutmeg is likewise utilised as a part of an assortment of drinks, for example, chai, mulled wine, eggnog.
- Nutmeg can be used to flavour meats and is regularly an ingredient in spice mixes, for example, curry or garam masala.
- Nutmeg goes well with milk and onion-based sauces.
- Used in eggs, vegetables dishes and soups.
- Nutmeg paired with spinach is a decent option.
- Contain superoxide dismutase, an antioxidant enzyme that repairs cells and lessens the oxidative anxiety
- Nutmeg containsdisease-preventing phytochemicals and antioxidant.
- Nutmeg stimulatesareas of your brain.
- Relieving joint, toothache and muscular pain.
- Antifungal, stimulant and gas-inhibitive for better digestion.
- Nutmeg containspotassium, useful for controlling heart rate and blood pressure.
- Nutmeg is a great kidney and liver detoxifier.
Methods of farming/ producing product:
- Whole nutmeg in sealed container keeps almost indefinitely,however, ground nutmeg loses its flavour very quick.
The tree requires a well-drained and loamy sandy soil. Shade is required for the first few years. The ideal developing temperature is between 20-30°C and the yearly precipitation should be between 1500-2500mm.