Inci: Lavandula Angustafolia. 100% Pure & Natural Essential Oil
Benefits of Lavender Oil
- Lavender is one of the most powerful essential oils for soothing and relaxation
- Clinical trials have found the scent of lavender to reduce anxiety and alleviate sleep disorders
- Lavender is one of the gentlest essential oils on skin, having anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties
- It is one of the gentlest oils for use in skin products, conveying deep relaxation without irritation
- It has a rich, luxurious scent that is floral with an undertone of spice
Lavender Essential Oil Uses
Lavender is the most popular scent used products such as lotions, aromatherapy, bath preparations, and perfumes. Its rich, luxurious scent and the soothing, relaxing sensation it conveys have caused lavender flowers to be prized since ancient times.
Today, scientists know that lavender oil activates receptors in the brain which relieve anxiety and improve sleep. It also has anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial, and mood elevating effects.
The upshot is that this is one powerful plant – and just a few drops of lavender essential oil can be used to make your own lavender bath preparation, lotion, or aromatherapy session.
Lavender oil aromatherapy has been recommended by healthcare providers to alleviate anxiety disorders and assist with sleep. Lavender oil can be enjoyed in the form of fragrant and luxurious hot baths, added to a diffuser to scent a whole room, or used in homemade massage oils and skin preparations.
For use around the house, lavender oil can also be added to a handkerchief or sachet and placed in closets and drawers to keep them smelling fresh and to repel moths.
Like all essential oils, lavender oil is extremely powerful and only a few drops are needed to have a powerful effect. 3-5 drops in a bath, diffuser, or tablespoon of carrier oil such as jojoba or coconut oil will be plenty to create a rich, luxurious lavender aromatherapy experience.
Lavender oil is one of the gentlest essential oils for use on skin, but due to its high concentration of bioactive compounds it should not be ingested. Lavender oil should be kept out of reach of children to avoid accidental ingestion.
Blends beautifully with:
Cedarwood, geranium, grapefruit, lemon, lime, pine, and orange