Caryophyllum, , Clove Flowerbud, Clove Leaf, Clove Stem, Ding Xiang Cloves, Cloves Bud, , Eugenia aromatica, Eugenia caryophyllus,Kreteks, Flores Caryophylli, Caryophyllusaromaticus Clove Flower GewurznelkenNagelein, Girofle, Giroflier, Lavang, Lavanga, Syzygiumaromaticum.
Cloves are the unopened pink flower buds of the evergreen clove tree. The buds are picked by hand when they are pink and dried until they turn brown.
Culinary use of whole cloves:
Whole cloves health benefits:
- Whole cloves are not eaten, but rather are utilised to soups and rice dishes.
- Whole cloves are either expelled before serving or picked out of the dish.
- Whole cloves are utilised as a part of making theBéchamel sauce.
- Adding Cloves and curry powder to sautéed onions, tofu and garlic will give this dish an Indian-inspired spicy taste.
- Spice up fruits compote by including cloves.
- Whole cloves can be added to poaching liquids and juices.
- The whole clove contains significant measures of an active part called eugenol, which helps on the prevention of toxicity from pollutants like carbon tetrachloride, joint inflammation and stomach related tract diseases.
- The eugenol, found in whole cloves decrease blood sugar levels in diabetics.
- Clove has frequently been utilised as a part of dentistry in conjunction with root canal treatment, general gum pain and temporary fillings.
- Known forits antioxidant and anti-inflammatory activity.
- Clove oil is likewise utilised as a part of aromatherapy.
- It is also thought to have anaturalanti- parasite function.
Methods of farming/ producing product:
- Good quality whole cloves are red-brown in colour and will exude some oil when squeezed with a fingernail.
The cloves buds are picked by hand when they turn brown in colour. Cloves are around 12mm long and 6mm in diameter and with their tapered stem, they look like small nails. Cloves are local to the Moluccas, in the past known as the Spice Islands of Indonesia.