Bastard Cinnamon, Canelero Chino, Canelle,Canela de Cassia, Cassia Aromaticum, Cassia Bark, Cassia Lignea, Chinese Cinnamon, Cinnamomum, Cinnamomum cassia, Chinese Cassia, False Cinnamon, Rou Gui, GuiZhi, Kassiakanel, Keishi , Saigon Cinnamon, Taja, Zimbluten, Zimtcassie.
What is cinnamon (cassia)?
Cassia cinnamon is a kind of cinnamon arranged from the dried inner bark of an evergreen tree that develops in south-eastern Asia areas.
Culinary uses of cinnamon (cassia) grounded powder:
Cinnamon (cassia) grounded powder health benefits:
- Cinnamon powder is used for sweet dishes and forspicy and strongmain dishes.
- It is frequently used as a part of stewed fruits, particularly apples, and with blended spices for pudding spice, mullingspices and baked goods.
- In maindishes, it is used as a part ofcurries and strong spicy meat dishes.
- This spice is used as a part of Asian and Middle Eastern cooking to flavour aubergine, lamb, rice dishes, and curries.
- Used as an ingredient in biscuits and cakes.
- Sprinkle cinnamon grounded powder on hot chocolate or cereals.
- Rice puddings and different sweets taste better with sprinkled cinnamon grounded powder.
- It is confirmed that cinnamon helps treat inflammation and infections.
- Prevents the spread of leukaemia and lymphoma.
- Relieves digestive problems.
- Regulates blood sugar level.
- Helps with weight loss.
- Relieves rheumatic pain.
- Improves brain activity.
- Reduces the amount of bad cholesterol.
- Relieves menstrual pain.
Methods of farming/ producing product:
- In the Old Testament cinnamon was used as an ingredient in anointing oil.
- An Arab philosopher came to believe that the legendary cinnamologusbirdsgathered cinnamon sticks from very distant unknown land.
Cassia is cultivated in tropical or subtropical regions especially in the China regions, but also in India, Laos, Indonesia,Thailand, Vietnam and Malaysia. China is also the major producer of cassia oil. Once harvested, the bark, twists up into quills when left to dry, and the not aromatic wood as fuel.